Saturday, June 30, 2007

IDIOCRACY

At Andy's suggestion, I watched IDIOCRACY. It is very funny, but I fear also very prophetic. Two average people are propelled into 2500, and find that they are the smartest people in the world. Our language is all but gone, books are for "fags" and nobody reads or writes. I don't actually think it will be 500 years before this prophecy comes true. In fact, I know a lot of people who wouldn't "get it" because it depicts the way they talk and think right now. It probably didn't do well at the box office because there is no sex, no nudity, no car chases and no shoot-em-up's. Thanks, Andy, for the suggestion.


Muthah

5 comments:

Andy Land said...

The number one movie in the country was titled, "Ass". It won Academy Awards that year, including Best Original Screenplay

Anonymous said...

There was a science fiction story years ago with a similar storyline...a guy was in suspended animation for a long time, an average Joe, when he wakes up, he is the smartest man alive. The story is called "The Marching Morons." Don't remeber the author, but will google it...

Anonymous said...

C. m. Kornbluth. April of 1951!

muthah said...

Thanks, all, for the info. I didn't consider a bare ass to be nudity, so didn't even think of it. At least the "f" word wasn't in there every other sentence.

Anonymous said...

I was going to comment on the last post, but Blogger was being stupid... at any rate, I was going to say I agreed. With both of these posts.