Friday, July 6, 2007

Boycott of One

Yesterday I handed back to my Schwan's guy a box of frozen "Alaskan salmon" which had a label, "Product of China," telling him to tell his superiors that he has at least one customer who won't buy, or eat, anything that is a product of China. I know my little boycott isn't going to make a shred of difference to Schwan's, but things are getting scary. Toothpaste, cat food, fish--what's next? China is going to be the next world power--after they poison us all!



Muthah

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seriously? That's just messed up. I'm gonna have to check those Schwan's boxes more carefully...

muthah said...

Actually, we should check everything we buy, especially food. It's been a law for five years that anything imported (especially food) has to be marked with country of origin. Not enough of us have insisted this be obeyed. Now, I'd feel pretty silly asking a teenaged minumum waitress where the meat on the sandwich came from, but you can bet I will be more cautious in the supermarket.

Muthah